Secret Teacher: I can’t take the stress, but I don’t want to be a dropout statistic
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life."
I am taking a 2-day class on fire-eating this week, and I am starting to get anxious about it. I mean, I’m looking forward to the class, especially considering it’s something I’ve wanted to learn for years, but the class is held in a city where I rarely go, and the class will be full of strangers. They are silly reasons to be nervous, but there they sit, right in the pit of my stomach.
But I think the worst part is, the friend I’d usually talk to about this kind of thing is someone I can’t talk to right now. And that makes me miss him.